Most of us check for the battery life of phones when we plan to buy them. It is one of the most important aspects of a phone. We definitely do not want to be left with a phone which has low battery shelf-life, when we need to use the phone the most. The phone may have a stylish appearance and look flashy, or it may have a plethora of features. But all that means nothing when the battery is abysmal and runs down rapidly.
So here is a list of some of the best android phones with great battery life of nearly seven hours of talk time:
- Motorola Droid X2: This smartphone clocks just about eight hours of battery talk time. Other features include a dual-core processor for faster performance and a qHD display. It also offers good call quality. However, this android phone does not have a front facing camera and also lacks support for 4G. The customized User interface provided by Motorola is not that great. Also, the phone is a bit bulky. Inspite of these shortcomings, the phone is one of the best in the market as far as battery life is concerned.
- Casio G’zOne Commando: This smartphone delivers 7.6 hours of battery juice and is a rugged and durable handset. People who are constantly on the move can make use of its wonderful suite of applications. There are other significant features such as high-security encryption that can be used for corporate email, mobile hot-spot capable of connecting five devices, Wi-Fi and GPS. However, the call quality is not that great, the snap-out menu of Casio is less fluid and photo quality is average. Also, one has to manually install Google Maps. Bing is the default search engine and the phone has the unnecessary bloatware from Verizon. Go for the phone if you want a durable one.
- HTC Status: This android is one great looking phone with a high quality QWERTY keyboard and 8 hours of battery life. The body has a slight bend to it which makes texting a whole lot easier. The special button for Facebook works very well and is a great asset for those who are constantly on the social networking site. The screen space is tiny to say the least which makes scrolling a little tedious and the text becomes hard to read. The default screen mode is landscape which poses great problems when you try to use apps that are portrait only. All in all, the solid framework of the phone combined with a wonderful Facebook experience offsets the few faults in the phone.
- Samsung Infuse 4G: The android phone offers a battery life of 7 hours as well as fast performance. It has an 8 megapixel camera and a large touch screen that makes for easier browsing. However, the 4G data speeds are not up to the mark and the low screen resolution makes for a pixilated experience. Go for the phone, if you like larger screens.
- LG Thrive: You can talk on this smartphone for nearly 7.5 hours before you need to recharge it. The phone is stylishly slim and loaded with features such as a 3.2-megapixel camera, GPS, Wi-Fi, quad-band support and 3G capability. Some of the cons of the phone include lack of data tethering capability, non-removability of the preloaded apps, inability of the browser to play Flash videos and no option for mobile hot spots. The phone is a great entry level phone for people who go for prepaid services.