The Android Market is growing at a breakneck speed and a wide variety of apps are now available to be used with your Android phone. But how does one choose and sort out the best apps? The information provided below may assist you and alleviate the misery of choice that is before all Android users.
The apps listed below are some of the best and most popular and can be used by adults as well as younger people. Some of them cost a buck or two, but most of these apps are available for free.
So before the year is over, go through the list and choose the apps that best suit your needs.
- Dolphin Browser HD: The first app that one has to download is an internet browser, and if you have not already downloaded one, then the Dolphin Browser HD is one of the best apps to go for. The app is free to download and offers a varied number of custom themes, Flash capability, navigation by gesture and unlocking of un-cropped sites as well as the added ability to increase capabilities with many Add-ons.
- Yelp: This app is just like the yellow pages and is free to download. It makes life a whole lot easier with search options to find bars, diners and many other services and businesses.
- Beautiful Widgets: The app is available for $ 2.89 and allows you to customize the home screen of your Android phone. Thus, options such as weather reports, battery status, clock and other such elements can be made available at your fingertips.
- Words with Friends: This is a scrabble like game and can be downloaded for free. It can be played across platforms which allow you to challenge your friends head-on in wordplay. This makes for great fun as well as mental invigoration.
- Netflix: The app is free to download, but has monthly subscription charges of $ 7.99. The app allows you to watch streaming movies and television shows over WiFi as well as 3G and 4G connections.
- ooVoo Video Calls: The app is free to download and one of the most stable video chat apps for Android devices. With this app, you can make voice calls, group video as well as instant message across various platforms.
- Mint.com: The app is freely available. You can use the app to maintain your finances and keep a tab on your expenses, income, bank accounts as well as credit card usage. The app also allows you to view your spending pattern in a chart format.
- Where’s My Droid: All of us tend to misplace or lose our phones from time to time. This free app assists in finding misplaced phones under cushions or otherwise by ringing at maximum volume when a particular message is sent to it. In addition, if the GPS is enabled then the app can also help locate the phone.
- WebMD for Android: None of us want to be injured or get hurt. However, in case emergencies arise, you will not be all at sea if you have this app on your Android phone. This free app provides first-aid tips and instructions as well as listings for pharmacies and medical professionals in the area.
- Slacker Radio: This is an app that is constantly growing in popularity. The free app allows you to have music streaming services with high quality audio. The many options to customize and a slickly designed interface just add to its visual charm.