TV apps for your Android device makes catching up on the shows and movies that you’ve missed, a breeze. You can also watch live television on-the-go without being confined to the living room of your home.
Here are some of the best TV apps for Android –
- DirectTV – You can livestream TV when you are at home or even when you are on-the-go. Watch movies and shows from channels like Cinemax, HBO, Showtime and more. You can use this app only if you have a DirectTV subscription. The good thing is the amazing amount of variety you have at your disposal. You can download DirecTV from Google Play Store.
- Google Play Movies and TV – After downloading your favorite movie or TV show from the Google Play Store, you can download the Google Play Movies & TV and watch the content. You can also upload your personal videos. You have to be in the US to download these TV shows.
- Can I stream it? – This is actually a search engine that scans for TV content from major content libraries like Hulu, Netflix, Redbox, iTunes and Netflix. The program sets reminders of their favorite shows and also there is a push notification feature that updates you about the programs available or not available. Download Can I stream it, from the Playstore.
- DISH – Dish is similar to DirecTV. The app helps users view original as well as recorded content on any Android device. You can search for TV shows by keyword, actors, movie title, genre and network. The user-interface makes it easy for people to find any movie or show that catch their fancy. Download Dish Anywhere from Play Store
- Mobile TV- This is a popular service from AT&T. With this app, you can watch popular TV shows like Arrested Development, The Daily Show,American Dad, Army Wives and more. You can also watch 24/7 live news coverage from Bloomberg and ABC News. There is enough sports content in the form of NBS Sports and ESPN Mobile TV. While the service is free for the first seven days, you have to then go for a monthly subscription of $9.99/mo. Download Mobile TV from the Play Store.