If you have dropped you OnePlus 3T into a bucket of water, or it has fallen into the toilet bowl, then you will have a problem on your hands since the device is not waterproof. However, there are ways in which you can fix water damage on the OnePlus 3T.
Some of the symptoms of water damage on the OnePlus 3T are the fingerprint or home button not working, volume and power buttons malfunctioning, the earpiece and speaker not working among many others. It is best that you remove the moisture from the internal workings of the OnePlus 3T before you can consider using it again.
There is a water damage indicator on the inside of the OnePlus 3T so you should start off by opening the phone and checking it. You have to check this indicator before you do anything to the phone.
OnePlus 3T water damage indicator
When you open the water damage indicator, it will show you some colors which will tell you how much damage has been done to the phone.
- White – This means that there was no damage to the device and that you should use it as before
- Red – this shows that there is some damage done by the water and you should remove moisture before you try to use it again.
Fixing water damage in the OnePlus 3T
Here are some tips on what to do once you realize that there is some water damage to your OnePlus 3T:
- Switch off the device and put it in a bag of dry rice for 3 days
- Submerge the device in 99% alcohol also known as isopropyl alcohol
- You can also use the up and down arrows to increase and decrease volume; it is not clear how this undoes the water damage but it seems to work
- Get a dedicated phone drying kit and put the device in it for a few days