A dual SIM phone is one which allows you to simultaneously use two SIMs in the same phone. Such phones are apt for those who travel frequently and do not want to depend on the services of only one mobile service provider. It also enhances ease of use, as you do not need to carry two phones. You also do not need to have two sets of contact data, as the same can be accessed from either SIM.
There are many android dual SIM phones that are available in the Market. Some of them are listed below:
- Samsung has recently launched two new phones with dual SIM capability, called the Galaxy Y Pro Duos and the Galaxy Y Duos. Both the phones have similar features such as compatibility with GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands, a HSDPA modem, support for microSD card up to 32 GB, 832MHz processor, 3-megapixel camera and Samsung’s TouchWiz Android user interface. Both the phones run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system. The only difference between the two phones seems to be the presence of a full touch screen on the Galaxy Y Duos and the absence of it on the Galaxy Y Pro Duos. Instead the Pro model has a full QWERTY keyboard with a smaller display. The phones will launch in Russia in January 2012. There are no updates from Samsung as to when it will launch the phones in the United States.
- The H2000 is another dual SIM phone that runs on an MTK6516 416MHZ processor and has the Android 2.2 operating system. The phone supports Quad-band networks with 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, which means that it can be used in Europe, North America as well as some Asian countries. Other features of the phone include a 3.5 inch screen, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi support and a 1.3 megapixel camera. The phone is cheap and an apt android device for beginners.
- The H7000 is another android phone that has dual SIM capability. It is stylishly designed and you can flip open the back and make it stand on a desk or table. This makes it an apt device for watching movies, videos etc. The screen is big at 4.3 inches and comes with LCD capacitive display. Other features of the phone include quad-band network capability, Wi-Fi and GP support and a 3 megapixel camera.
- The A8500 is a dual SIM android phone that comes with a gigantic 5 inch HD capacitive touch screen with a 400×240 resolution. It is one of the high end dual SIM android phones with features such as GPS support, 2 megapixel back camera, 0.3 megapixel from camera, quad-band network capability, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support and support for Android Market apps such as Google Maps and others such as Skype, Twitter, etc
- The A5000 is a budget android phone with dual SIM support. The phone runs on the Android 2.2 operating system and as such is a great one for first time android users. It comes with dual cameras and a 3.5 inch touch screen with resistive capacity. It has quad band network capability as well as support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.