Some HTC One M8 users have reported that the camera app crashes when using it in the portrait mode. Some owners have also stated that the camera app works just fine in the landscape mode. However, when the orientation is subsequently changed to the portrait mode, the camera app almost instantaneously crashes.
Follow the steps given below to resolve the issue:
- The camera app issues on the HTC One M8 are mostly caused due to the popular app ‘LastPass.’ It is a password manager utility and its latest update is the cause of the problem. Users need not use a different camera app or uninstall the LastPass app to resolve this issue. All that needs to be done is the following:
- Launch the LastPass app and log in
- Go to Preferences – > tap on the option ‘Edit App Associations.’
- Tap on the option ‘camera.’
- Now modify the selection to the option ‘Do not show fill window.’
- Use the HTC camera app in portrait mode. It will not crash.