There are so many Android phones that are launched every week that it becomes difficult for the average user to keep abreast of these launches and choose the best one available in the market.
Hence, we have compiled a list of the various new phones of 2011 for your benefit and perusal. Every phone is unique in its own right and you can choose the one that suits your needs and wants.
- Samsung Galaxy S2: This is by far one of the best phones of 2011 and an addition to the rare list, wherein the sequel is better than the original. The Samsung Galaxy S2 is the pride of owners and has several excellent features such as a sturdy Gorilla Glass front panel which has an astonishingly clear 4.3-inch Super AMOLED screen and is equally light and thin. Add to it, the amazingly fast web browsing experience with super flash support, the tiny size and a the dual-core processor, and you get to hold an experience of a lifetime
- LG Optimus 3D: This phone is bulky and weighty and does burn a hole in the pocket. But all this is compensated by the glasses-free 3D feature that it has to offer. The 3D effect is brilliant and is complimented by the many options that allow customization of the Android software. Unfortunately, the phone runs on Android 2.2 and even though the processor is dual-core, the LG Optimus 3D phone is slow to use and has a low battery life. You may opt for this phone, only if you are sure of going for the 3D technology.
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc: Most of the smartphones dished out by Sony Ericsson never did live up to the expectations. However, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc is a little different. It has many great features such as an inspiring and novel Exmor camera technology, an impressive video player, a stylish design with a curved back that has a centered thickness of only 8.7mm and a good specifications list that includes an HDMI output. Loaded with a single-core 1GHz processor and an amazing display, it is apt for web browsing. Tiny buttons and odd entry of text can be overlooked for this magically thin phone with stunning looks.
- HTC Wildfire S: This a smartphone from the HTC stable and was supposed to the torchbearer for the previous smartphones from HTC. The phone does that well by offering a responsive touchscreen, wonderful social features and a strong chassis. However, in the very competitive market for smartphones, this phone lacks the grunt to push the others out of competition. With an 600 Mhz processor and non-support for flash it is somewhat heavy on the pocket for the offered features. So it may be considered good only for beginners.
- BlackBerry Torch 9810: This phone is a newer version of the BlackBerry Torch 9800 with a better and crisper resolution that makes for an amazing experience. The 3.2-inch touchscreen loaded with a resolution of VGA 640 x 480 is what completes this smartphone, which was missing in the previous version. A good battery life, a fast processor and fantastic access to messaging and contacts services adds to the many features that the phone has to offer.
- HTC Sensation: This is another great phone that is comparable to the Samsung Galaxy S2 but with a lower screen technology and a slightly bigger chassis. The phone has an incredible 4.3-inch high resolution qHD screen, a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor and is the first phone from the HTC stable to offer the HTC Watch movie download option.