Many users of OnePlus One smartphone have reported varied touchscreen problems such as inconsistent touch input registering on the screen, lack of double touch recognition, nil recognition or registering of touches, and recognizing touches which have not been input.
Follow the steps given below to resolve the issue:
- Go to display settings and turn off the feature called adaptive backlight.
- Change the current/present theme on the device. Then, check over the next few hours if the issue has resolved.
- Power off the phone and then turn it on. Now, back up the data and perform a soft reboot/reset. Verify if the issue has resolved.
- Factory reset:All data is erased during a factory reset. So back up all the data before performing a reset. Follow the steps given below to perform a soft reset:
- Go to Settings – > Backup & Reset – > Factory data reset – > Reset phone – > Erase everything – > The phone will reboot automatically.
- The company has accepted the fact that the OnePlus One smartphone does have general and multi-touch touchscreen unresponsiveness and recognition problems. Hence, it has come out with an update for it. Download and install the update and ensure that the phone has the latest OS.
- If the issue persists, visit a service center for repair or replacement of the phone.