All of us are aware of the fact that Samsung electronics has become the world leader when it comes to android smartphones. It is the biggest competitor to iPhone in the fast advancing age of smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Samsung Galaxy Note are two of the best smartphones from the Samsung stable.
The information given below is a detailed comparison of these two smartphones.
- The processor: The Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with a Dual core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor, whereas the Samsung Galaxy Note is armed with a powerful Dual Core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor. Both the phones use the Mali 400 MP GPU, for graphical acceleration. Even though the configuration is almost similar, the Note holds a little edge as far as faster performance is concerned.
- The size and form: The Samsung Galaxy note is one of the first phones that is bigger than a conventional smartphone and smaller than a tablet. It is 3.26 inches wide and 5.78 inches tall. On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy S2 is comparably smaller at 2.6 inches in width and 4.9 inches in height. However, the Galaxy S2 is thinner at 0.33 inches and lighter at 116 grams, than the Note which is 0.38 inches thick and weighs around 178 grams.
- The Camera: Both the phones have cameras with similar strength, i.e. an 8 mega pixel primary camera and 2 mega pixel secondary camera. Other similar features include the ability to record HD videos at 1080p at 30 fps, autofocus, LED flash, touch focus, geo tagging, image stabilization, and smile and face detection.
- The display: The Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with a 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Capacitive touch screen display, while the Samsung Galaxy Note comes with a 5.3 inches Super AMOLED Capacitive touch screen display. Though the screen technology is the same for both the smartphones with multi-touch input methods, the Note has the edge as it has a larger display with a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution and provides a 285 ppi pixel density. The S2 has a maximum screen resolution of 800 x 480 pixels with density at 217 ppi pixels.
- The User interface and the Operating System: Both smartphones come with the TouchWiz 4.0 user interface and the same Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system, which may be updated to the Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
- Memory capacities: The S2 comes with 1 GB of RAM and either 16 or 32 GB of internal storage in its two variants. The Note also has 1 GB of RAM with 16 GB of internal storage that can be expanded to 32 GB with a microSD card.
- Connectivity: Since the manufacturer is the same, both the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Samsung Galaxy Note come with the same data connectivity features such as Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA sharing, Bluetooth 3.0, GPRS with EDGE technology, USB, microUSB and even Wi-Fi direct that promotes faster transfer of large amounts of wireless data.
- Battery: The Samsung Galaxy S2 has a powerful Li-ion 1650 mAh battery with battery backup in 3G standby of 610 hours, and up to 9 hours of talk time in 3G mode. The Samsung Galaxy Note is powered by a Li-ion 2500 mAh battery and provides similar battery life.
- Pricing: The Samsung Note is nearly twenty five to thirty percent costlier than the Samsung Galaxy S2.
The Samsung Galaxy Note is a better option if you wish to go for a larger screen with better hardware and additional features such as Samsung ChatON mobile messenger option, S Pen feature that allows better use of stylus, etc. Plus the HD recording on Samsung Note is stereo.