We all know about the tough competition that is going on between Apple and Samsung for the number one spot in the phone/tablet industry. Apple has been leading that industry ever since it came out with the iPhone but now it finally seems that Samsung has caught up with them. Samsung, with its latest range of Smartphone’s and tablets seems poised to take away the number one position from Apple. That is why we have chosen to compare two of Samsung’s flagship products here. Let’s take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1 P5100) and how it stands up against the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000).
Among some of the notable differences between the two include the following :-
1. The Tab 2 comes in only a 16GB and 32GB version while the Note 10.1 comes in a 16, 32 and 64 GB version.
2. The Tab 2 has expandable memory up to 32 GB while the Note 10.1 has expandable memory up to 64 GB.
3. The Tab 2 has 1 GB of RAM while the Note 10.1 has 2 GB of RAM.
4. The Note 10.1 has a Quad Core processor with a 1.4 GHz processing speed while the Tab 2 has just a Dual Core processor with a 1.0 GHz processing speed.
5. The Note 10.1 has a 5MP camera with auto focus and LED flash. The Tab 2 has a 3.15MP camera without any other features.
6. The Note 10.1 has an Exynos 4412 chipset while the Tab 2 has a TI OMAP 4430 chipset.
7. The Note 10.1 also has an Infrared port while the Tab 2 doesn’t.
8. The Tab 2 has just a VGA camera on the front while the Note 10.1 has a 2MP camera on the front.
9. There is a minor difference between the weights of both the phones too with the Note 2 weighing in at 588 grams while the Note 10.1 weighs 600 grams.
Apart from this, both devices are pretty similar with both of them having a 7000 mAh Li-ion battery, running on Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which is upgradeable to 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). Both of the devices also come with a 10.1 inch screen with a maximum resolution of 800×1280 pixels and pixel density of 149 ppi.
At the end of the day, you will realize that the Tab 2 is really a poor man’s Note 10.1. And while both products offer pretty much the same functionality, the Note 10.1 does manage to give you a much better overall experience. It is because of this reason that the Note 10.1 is priced a lot higher than the Tab 2. The Note 10.1 starts at INR 34,449 while the Tab 2 starts at INR 25,900. Quite a substantial price difference between the two. So, it all depends on whether you are on a budget or if you want the best. If you are on a budget, try the Tab 2, it definitely gives you value for money. On the other hand, if you want the best, the Note 10.1 is the product for you.
Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) vs Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000) – Pictures
Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1)
Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000)