Many people have complained about problems of the Smart Lock feature after updating to Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. Users have reported that Smart Lock does not seem to work with trusted places after the software update.
Follow the steps listed below to resolve the issue:
- Problems of the Smart Lock trusted places may occur if the Android device is not correctly or accurately identifying the location. As a workaround, users may turn on Google Maps or some other app which uses GPS and then check if it works.
- For a more permanent resolution, users may go to Settings – > Accounts – > Google – > Location settings – > High accuracy mode and ensure that it is enabled or turned on.
- You may now launch Google Maps and identify or zero-in on the location. Verify if it coincides with the real location and that it allows you to make use of it a trusted place.
- If it does not match with the location, or if the trusted places option does not work, then you may tap on the link present at the bottom right side and report the problem to Google.
- Another way to get the Smart Lock trusted place working is by adding the new/current location in trusted places. For this, go to Settings – > Security – > Smart Lock – > Trusted places – > Add trusted place.
- Users can also edit the new/current location. For this tap the location in via Smart Lock – > Trusted Places – > tap on the option ‘edit.’
- If the issue persists, then go to Settings – > Security – > Smart Lock – > Trusted places – > and remove the places. Now, turn off or disable the Smart Lock feature, completely power off the device and then turn it back on, and then add the locations as new trusted places.