Just like a lot of other apps, the HTC One M8 also comes with an inbuilt native email app. Some users have complained that this email app does not work properly on their devices. Displaying and refreshing messages on the email app is trouble-prone. Also, the app’s search function does not display results in a timely fashion.
Follow the steps given below to resolve the issue:
- The issue is most likely to occur with Yahoo mail users. The email app on HTC devices appears to be incompatible with Yahoo; the default values of the mail servers are incorrect. This problem can be corrected by following the below listed steps:
- Go to home screen and open the menu button – > tap on apps – > tap on the mail icon – > tap on the option ‘other’ (POP3/IMAP) – > now, enter the information about your Yahoo email account.
- If any kind of error pops up during the above process, then tap on the option ‘manual setup’ – > tap on IMAP – > enter the serve setting data as follows:
- Incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port #: 993
- Security type: SSL (accepts all certificates)
- Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port #: 465
- All the other settings need to be the same.
- Finish the setup process.
- If the issue persists, then go to Settings – > Apps – > Mail and tap on the option ‘Force Stop’ to force tap the app. Now, restart the device and access the email app once again.
- Also, ensure that the email app is fully updated.
- Users also need to make sure that the software/OS on the phone is also fully updated by going to Settings – > Software Updates – > Check Now. It is possible that a patch or fix for the email app bug may be available for download as an update. It is a good option to regularly go to the updates section and download and install any and all updates that are made available in the future.