Users of Xiaomi Mi4 have complained that its screen often lags. It may also come to the home screen at random, right when you are in the middle of carrying out a task.
This issue can occur due to a variety of causes such as low battery charge, faulty battery, faulty or buggy apps installed in the phone, and/or numerous processes running in the background. Follow the steps given below to resolve the issue:
- Charge the battery and try. If the issue persist, try another battery.
- Stop or kill all processes that are running in the background. You may download an app to facilitate this process. Ensure that the mobile data, GPS, and Wi-Fi are disabled when not in use. Avoid or disable the use of live wallpapers.
- Identify and uninstall all the faulty apps from the device.
- If the issue persists, back up all the data and perform a hard reset. This will delete all data and revert the Xiaomi Mi4 to factory settings. For a hard reset do the following,
- Go to Settings – > Tap on Backup and Reset – > factory data reset – > reset phone – > erase everything.
- If the issue persists, contact Xiaomi Mi4 support for software update, repair, or replacement.