What is new in the Samsung Galaxy S4 ? How is it different from S3 ? The much awaited phone, released on March 14, 2013 at Times Square, New York is packed with a lot of additional features that weren’t there in the previous versions of the smartphone major. In a nutshell, Galaxy S4 has a 5 inch full HD Super AMOLED display, eight core Exynos 5410 processor, inductive charging for its 2600 mAH battery and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Galaxy S4 comes in two variants – one with 8 core Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5410 mobile processor that clocks at 1.6 GHz and the other is a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon mobile processor that clocks at 1.9 GHz. The eight core processor contains the all-new PowerVR SGX544MP3 graphics chip.
The phone comes with 2GB RAM and has three on-board storage options – 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. It has the latest version of TouchWiz UI which is also called Nature UX.
Samsung Galaxy s4 comes with the solid Corning Gorilla Glass 3 technology that provides resistance against breakage, wear and tear. The Galaxy S4 measures 130 grams, 3 grams lighter than the weight of Galaxy S3. The outer material of the phone is mostly plastic with textured pattern on it, but the phone has come up with its removable battery. It will also provide with an extra battery kit as part of accessories. Samsung has also included inductive charging chip on the rear panel cover so that there is wireless charging without using additional inlet.
Galaxy s4 measures just 7. 9 mm thick and is slimmer than the once considered slim phone Galaxy S3, which measures 8.6 mm in thickness.
The overall design of the Galaxy S4 is rectangular with a slim build and corner that are well rounded. Compared to S3, the pixel density of S4 is almost 441 pixels per inch, which promises crisper images and text.
S4 adopts LTE or Long Term Evolution (LTE) for connectivity in selected models. Apart from this, the phone will offer the usual 3G network and high speed WI-FI network. One new thing in Samsung Galaxy S4 is the Temperature and Humidity measuring sensor.
Galaxy S4 Camera
The Samsung Galaxy S4 has an enviable 13 megapixel camera. The camera at the back comes with LED flash, autofocus and zero shutter lag. The camera can do full HD video recording and click high quality pictures. The front facing camera is good for clicking high quality self images and video shoots. There are new dual shot functionalities includes which can allow the S4 to simultaneously record video and click pictures as well as click pictures at once using both cameras.
What is new in Galaxy S4 ?
- One of the best features of Galaxy S4 is the path-breaking eye motion technology that helps users control main functionalities of the phone with their eyes. For instance, if you are watching a movie and if you are looking away from the screen, the video will automatically pause until your eyes are back on the screen. The eye motion technology can also work on emails. The dual camera as mentioned above, is also an additional feature of Galaxy S4 that has not been in any of the previous Samsung smartphone installments.
- There is also a Group Play function that helps S4 handsets that are near one another to share music, games, documents, pictures and even work as a sound system for music..
- There is the S translator that allows people to talk or use text in one language and get it converted to another. The 9 languages are English US, English UK, French, Italian, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian and Portuguese.
- There is the all-new Knox software that can help your phone build a secure wall between personal and business data.
- The S4 sensors are coupled with S Health Software that can track hear-rate, eating, exercise and other fitness aspects. You can pair the phone with accessories like heart-rate monitor, Body Scale or the S band. The handset can also measure humidity and temperature to help you understand the weather around you.
- Sound & Shot: This can be used to record audio while taking pictures and join up the resulting files
- Drama Shot: You can take 100 shots in a few seconds and automatically create a collage of images
- Eraser: You can erase the unwanted background elements on the photo that you have taken, through this feature.
- Adapt Display – The screen can intelligently adapt on the viewing conditions and change the lighting to offer better performance and save battery
- Air Gesture – You can control the phone without even touching it. The smart scroll feature can scroll the page according to your eye movement.
- Air View: You can get a preview of the picture by just hovering your finger on top of it, you do not have to actually touch it.
- Story Album: You can make photo albums on the phone, and send them in physical form
- S Voice Drive: you can use the phone via Bluetooth while driving
- Samsung HomeSync: automatically sync files between devices
- Smart Switch: you can backup your Galaxy S4 data on computers. You can also move data from any other smartphone to the Galaxy S4.
- IR Sensor: Remote control your TV with the smartphone
- ChatON: The new version of this app can enable video chat with up to three people and can be combined with Dual Camera
Galaxy S4 Price
Though the price is not disclosed, the price of Galaxy S4 in India is pegged at Rs. 45000. The price in US for Galaxy S4 should be $579 (£383) for the 16 GB model.
Galaxy S4 specs, at a glance
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
Display: 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED
Processor: 1.9GHz quad core or 1.6GHz Octa-core processor depending on market
Rear camera: 13 Megapixel
Front Camera: 2 Megapixel
Connectivity: WiFi-ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Infrared, GPS
Memory: 16GB or 32GB or 64GB expandable with MicroSD
Battery: 2600 mAh
Samsung Galaxy S4 Pictures
No related posts.