The Xiaomi Mi3 is known to have varied restart issues. Users have complained that it tends to restart automatically or sporadically from time to time; it gets stuck on the home screen with the MI logo; or it gets stuck in the android boot loop.
The above issues may occur due to installation of faulty or buggy apps on the device, or due to battery problems, or it may occur due to improper or incomplete installation of an OS update, or when flashing the ROM.
Solution for Xiaomi Mi3 restart problem
Continuous, automatic or random restart of the Xiaomi Mi3 can be resolved by identifying and uninstalling faulty or buggy applications and/or by changing/charging the battery. If the issue persists, then a hard reset needs to be performed. It is important to back up all the data before performing a hard reset as the process erases all data. To perform a hard reset,
- Go to Settings – > Tap on Backup and Reset – > factory data reset – > reset phone – > erase everything.
If the issue occurs after trying to update the phone or flash its ROM, then it can be resolved by resetting the phone in the recovery mode. This process also erases all data, so back it up.
- If the phone is restarting automatically, then
- As users can see the screen and access different aspects of the phone, Go to Settings – > Updates – > tap on the Menu option – > Select the Reboot to Recovery Mode.
- Follow the steps as given below.
- If the phone is stuck on the android loop or the MI logo screen, then
- As settings options cannot be seen or accessed, turn off the phone by pressing the power button.
- Once the Xiaomi Mi3 is powered off, simultaneously press and hold the power and volume up buttons till the time the phone boots into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode,
- Users will be asked to select the language of choice. Tap on English.
- The main menu will be displayed. It will have the reboot, wipe and reset, power off, and install update.zip to system one options.
- Tap on wipe and reset option – > tap on wipe cache – > tap on wipe all data – > you will be asked for a confirmation, tap on yes.
- Go back to the main menu by tapping on the main menu option. Tap on reboot option. This will restart the Xiaomi Mi3.
Check the phone for a day or two to see if the restart problem occurs again. If the issue persists contact Xiaomi Mi3 support for repair or replacement of device.